Monday, December 31, 2012

The best is yet to come!

2012 was one for the books. Our year was full of blessings, love, adventure, friendship, dreams fulfilled, struggles, and heartbreak. I would not trade a single experience we had this year for anything. There were many life lessons learned. Here are a few I would like to share with you:

(All of these prints are 5"x7". Please feel free to pull them off of the website and print at home)


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. - Psalm 139:14 

Truly being who you are is not easy. We live in a world that is quick to judge and comparison surrounds us. The truth of the mater is we are all imperfect. The good news is we serve a perfect God who doesn't make mistakes. He created you to be the person you are. He created me to be me. I embraced and celebrated that this year - I encourage you to try it in 2013.


This was the hardest lesson I learned this year. There were many tears, feelings of confusion, anger, and emptiness before I was able to reach the point of gratitude, joy, and worship. My heart is not ready to write the details for the whole world to see, some day maybe. I love the lyrics of this song. I promise there will be at least one line meant for you. Maybe take a pen and write it down.

God is good all the time 
He put a song of praise in this heart of mine 
God is good all the time 
Through the darkest night, His light will shine 
God is good, God is good all the time 

If you're walking through the valley 
And there are shadows all around 
Do not fear, He will guide you 
He will keep you safe and sound 
'Cause He's promised to never leave you 
Nor forsake you and His Word is true 

We were sinners - so unworthy 
Still for us He chose to die 
Filled us with His Holy Spirit 
Now we can stand and testify 
That His love is everlasting 
And His mercies - they will never end 

Lord I may not understand 
All the plans He left for me 
My life is in your hands 
And through the eyes of Him I can clearly see 

God is good all the time 
He put a song of praise in this heart of mine 
God is good all the time 
Through the darkest night, His light will shine 
God is good, God is good all the time


The purpose of this blog (to share our crazy travel stories with friends & family) testifies to the statement above. When Brad and I decided to put our perfectly good house on the market in June, a lot of people thought we were crazy. There was nothing wrong with our life in Charlotte, it was pretty great actually. But who wants to settle for "pretty great" when you can have an EPIC adventure!? Over the past four months, we have experienced and seen things that we never dreamed possible. What is your idea of an epic adventure? Maybe give it a try in 2013. If it doesn't work, try again in 2014 ;)


"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
I can change the world. You can change the world. We can do it with one small act of kindness at a time.
I love the idea of a "community" called Do small things with great love - a place for people to encourage, challenge, share stories, and keep one another accountable. Who's in?


I think we grow the most during challenging seasons of life. Because of events that took place this year, I am now better equipped to handle "storms" in the future. I learned that God is ALWAYS with me, even if I can't feel his presence. His plans for me are far BETTER than anything I could imagine. And that Brad is my rock. He is proof to my previous statement. Being able to share my life with Brad is more than I could have ever hoped for.

These are things I hope to learn and do in 2013:



Life is busy; it's easy to skip quiet time. But if I learned one thing in 2012, it's the following: I can only hear God's still, soft voice when I take the time to listen. "Quiet time" looks different for everyone. I enjoy reading my bible or a devotional with a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. If you ask Brad to put his feet on the floor before 9 am he is going to growl at you. He is more prone to finding moments of solitude while walking Maggie down the street. Find a time of the day and a place that works for you. 

Ears to hear and eyes to see--both are gifts from the Lord. - Proverbs 20:12



This is my #1 goal for 2013, personally and professionally.
Give more, buy less.
Worker smarter, not harder.
Focus on what REALLY matters.


I really have a heart and a passion for marriage. Mainly because I am in love with mine so much, and I wish that for everyone. I would like to pursue this passion in a few practical ways:
#1 Publish Inspire Weddings & Marriage - I pray this magazine will be full of practical and inspiring ways to plan for a great marriage!
#2 Be a positive influence - I can't talk about having a great marriage, while being sarcastic with my husband.
#3 Lead a couples small group - our church family has played such a vital role in our lives. We want to give back and be that support systems for others.


This is my hearts desire. How can you use your talents to serve others?


Yes it is!!!!!!  Wishing you all an INCREDIBLE 2013!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great piece of collection u have ..God bless you. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete